Moving Around on the Service Site
For the sake of everyone’s safety, it is especially noteworthy to consider the following restrictions:
- The main road through the center of the service site, called Kimpajuovantie, is closed to all other traffic except goods deliveries and vehicles officially marked, huoltoliikenne.
- The service site is meant for people travelling by foot. Pedestrian walkways are marked on the service area map.
- Bicycles, scooters, mopeds and motorcycles should be parked in their designated areas.
- Summer service workers may use bicycles in their duties, otherwise riding bicycles is forbidden.
- All motor vehicle traffic on the service site should be avoided. If you must leave the service site, please abide by the traffic signs and exit directions as marked and posted. The speed limit on the service site is 30 km/h.
- There is good, reasonably-priced bus service to and from the service area if guests need to go downtown or to the annual meetings, so the use of one’s own vehicle is not necessary for temporarily leaving the service site. Using the arranged bus transportation minimizes traffic congestions.
- The service site is closed for all vehicular traffic at night except for incoming service guests arriving to lodging sites between 1 and 6 am.
- All larger ditches have been fenced off for child safety. Please do not lean on these fences but rather see that they in good condition that no one trespasses the access they restrict. Wooden bridges constructed over ditches are meant for pedestrian and delivery traffic. Avoid standing on these bridges while others are trying to get by.
- The road encircling the service site is only one-way traffic in a clockwise direction. No parts of this road (Kehätie – Raatimiehentie – Hanhiluodontie) around the perimeter of enable any two-way traffic.
Traffic within the service site
From the north side of Highway 8, on the edge of the service area is arranged continuous bus transportation to the center of the service site. The final bus stops are marked on the map of the service site.